Top Father`s Day Gifts for Seniors That Bring Joy All Year
Jun 15, 2020
2 min read
Finding fun and creative Father's Day gifts for the mentor in your life can be a challenge - especially when taking them out for an experience may not be a safe option these days due to the pandemic.
Whether a senior living at home or in an assisting living community, we've put together some fun gift ideas for Dad that are sure to keep on giving. From the gadget and outdoor Dad, to those who love art and travel, here are some fun options that will be sure to bring a smile to your Father on his special day and throughout the year.
- Bird Feeders that attract hummingbirds, to a wide range of backyard birds native to your area can deliver a fun and peaceful activity right to your window.
- Puzzles & Trivia like Remember When? Picture Puzzles.
- LectroFan White Noise Machine was rated as one of the best for seniors with 10 fan sounds and 10 ambient noise variations to promote a peaceful night’s rest.
- Art Sets are always a great alternative- offering hours of entertainment and soothing activities to keep his mind creative. From coloring books, painting, or modeling, you can find a ton of alternatives online or at your local Michael’s Craft store.
- Audio Books are always a great option for those Dads who may not be able or want to read physical books.
- National Geographic or Photography Books showcasing favorite trips around the world can spark fond memories for Dads who loved to travel. Bundle this with an International Scratch Map for a fun way to document all the trips taken or parts of the world he finds interesting.
- Luxury blankets can be used while cuddling up in his favorite chair with a morning cup of coffee or used at night on a bed. Add a little extra touch with personalization!
- American Lifetime Clock clearly spells out the current time and part of the day, week, date, and month—without confusing abbreviations.
- Amazon Alexa and Echo Show 8 offer seniors handsfree voice-activated capabilities for a myriad of activities. Whether listening to music, calling family, or controlling the temperature in their house, once set up, these devices can assist your loved ones with connecting to the outside world- regardless of tech knowledge.
- iRobot Roomba Vaccum Cleaners provide a simple way to keep rooms clean without having to manually do it themselves. Make sure, however, that these are confined to rooms that will not pose a risk of falls or trip hazards.
- Tai Chi Videos are a great way to promote balance and mobility- especially while we continue to spend more time at home. Amazon has a great selection of DVDs curated for seniors.
- Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy, your father can reminisce and record stories of his life. Sections on parents, siblings, childhood, high school, career, and adulthood make it easy for him to chronicle major life events and create a beautiful keepsake for future generations.
- Essential Oil Defusers are a great way to minimize stress, improve concentration, and promote health and relaxation for seniors.
We know that minimizing risks is a top priority for our entire senior community and getting out for a special brunch or dinner may not be a viable or safe option for your family right now. Although we all wish to celebrate with our loved ones soon, we hope that you found our list helpful for sparking some creative gifts for your loved one this Father’s Day!
Taking Dementia Caregiving to the Next Level
Combating Isolation in the Elderly During the Pandemic. Resilience in Even a Few is Good For All of Us